If you’re in the mood for something a little different to beat your Monday blues, then we’ve got a surprise for you today. While some people are still afraid of ordering food from the outside, why not prepare quality restaurant meals at home with just a few simple ingredients? And if you find yourself smiling at the thought, you’ve come to the right place!
Check out this recipe for Aloo Chapli Kebab, which, YouTuber Meghna’s Food Magic gave a vegetarian makeover.
“Another popular Chapli Kabab from Afghanistan / Peshawar that I converted to a vegetarian version. But the bonus is that the slice of tomato on top of this kabab sets it apart from all the other kababs in the world, ”she captioned her Instagram post.
- 3-4 – Boiled and grated potatoes
- 3 – Dried crushed peppers
- Salt, to taste
- Red chilli powder (for color)
- Tomato slices
- 2-3 teaspoons – Oil
- ½ teaspoon – Amchur powder
- 1 tbsp – crushed roasted cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 – Finely chopped onion
- Mint leaves
- 2 slices – Bread crumbs
- Finely chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon of crushed coriander seeds
- Finely chopped green peppers
* In a large glass bowl, take the grated potatoes. Make sure they are boiled and not overcooked.
* To this, add a teaspoon each of crushed roasted jeera, crushed coriander seeds, and dried chili peppers (to taste). Mix and add the amchour powder or chaat masala.
* Then add the finely chopped green peppers, chopped onion, cilantro, mint leaves and breadcrumbs.
* Mix well and create flat round shapes. Make sure they are thick. Place a slice of tomato on top and squeeze while applying little pressure.
* Heat your flat nonstick skillet over low-medium heat and pour in 4-5 tablespoons of oil. Please the skewers and cook them until each side turns golden brown.
* Serve hot with a range of dips or a classic green chutney. Enjoy!