Nagpur: Commuters in Metro do not have to worry about parking their vehicles, as Maha Metro has made arrangements at its various stations. Considering the problems faced by commuters in parking their vehicles while traveling in the metro, the facility was provided by Maha Metro at their stations.
Arrangements and parking capacity in stations:
• Khapri metro station: bicycles – 15, two-wheelers – 59, cars – 22 and two vehicles for disabled people.
• New metro station at the airport: bicycles – 22, two-wheelers – 66, cars – 32 and two vehicles for disabled people.
• South Airport Tube Station: Cycles – 48, two-wheelers – 131, cars – 50 and three vehicles for disabled people.
• Airport metro station: Cycles – 21, two-wheelers – 25, cars – 4 and one vehicle for disabled people.
• Jaiprakash Nagar metro station: bicycles – 24, two-wheelers – 30, cars – 00 and two vehicles for disabled people.
• Ajni metro station: cycles – 46, two-wheelers – 29, cars – 08 and a vehicle for disabled people.
• Rahate Colony metro station: bikes – 48, two-wheelers – 57 and a vehicle for disabled people.
• Sitabuldi Interchange metro station: bikes – 50, two-wheelers – 275.
Dr Dixit interacts with Metro Mitras:
As the Nagpur metro run started to gain momentum after the Covid-19 lockdown, Maha Metro cut fares by 50% to attract commuters. This Metro move will bring relief to commuters to a large extent, Maha Metro Managing Director Dr Brujesh Dixit said during his interaction with Metro Mitras. Dr Fixit spoke directly to about 50 Metro Mitras via video conference on Thursday.
During the meeting, information regarding the different phases of the construction of the metro was shared. Metro Mitras highlighted the increase in food services to provide integrated transportation solutions to Nagpurians, online applications for Mahacard, a concession to students on ticket prices, a 10 percent discount on Mahacard, etc.