DUBLIN – (BUSINESS WIRE) – May 31, 2021 –
The global rapid-acting insulin market was valued at $ 7,100 million in 2019 and is expected to reach $ 8,925 million by 2027 with a CAGR of 4.1% from 2020 to 2027.
Fast-acting insulin are insulin analogues that have the faster onset of action than other insulin analogues. These types of insulin analogues enter the bloodstream within minutes; therefore, it is necessary to inject it after 5-10 minutes of food intake. In addition, the fast-acting insulin works very quickly, it can lead to an increased risk of hypoglycemia. Some of the fast acting insulins available in the market include Fiasp, Humalog, NovoRapid, Apidra, and others.
The growth of the global rapid-acting insulin market is mainly driven by the surge in the prevalence of diabetes in the world, increased investment in research and development (R&D) for recombinant human insulin is expected to boost the market. need for insulin used in diabetes management, thus increasing market growth. In addition, sedentary and unhealthy lifestyles increase all causes of death, double the risk of diabetes, due to overweight or obesity, unhealthy diet and physical inactivity, which account for about 80% increase in the prevalence of diabetes. However, reluctance to adopt fast-acting insulin due to the side effect, such as hypoglycemia, may hamper the growth of the industry. Conversely, the untapped market and undiagnosed population in developing regions are expected to offer lucrative growth opportunities for market growth.
The global rapid-acting insulin market is segmented on the basis of product type, indication, distribution channel, and region. By product type, the market is separated into insulin lispro, insulin aspart and insulin glulisine. As per indication, it is fragmented into type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. Further, the market is divided on the basis of distribution channel into hospital pharmacies, retail drug stores and pharmacies, and online suppliers. At the regional level, it is analyzed in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global rapid-acting insulin market along with current trends and future estimates to explain the impending pockets of investment.
- The report provides quantitative analysis for the period 2019-2027 to enable stakeholders to take advantage of existing market opportunities.
- An in-depth analysis of the market by components helps to understand the different types of instrumentation used across the regions.
- A comprehensive analysis of all regions is provided to determine the opportunities prevailing in those regions.
- The major market players have been featured in the report, and their strategies have been thoroughly analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
- Thorough market analysis is performed by closely following the positioning of key products and monitoring the major competitors within the framework of the market.
- Sedentary and unhealthy lifestyle
- Increased availability of continuous blood glucose monitoring
- Increased investment in research and development (R&D) for recombinant human insulin
- Increase in public health spending
- Adverse reactions associated with the use of rapid-acting insulin
- Untapped opportunities and undiagnosed population in developing regions
- ADOCIA SAS
- Biocon Limited
- Eli Lilly and company
- Gan & Lee Pharmaceuticals
- Geropharm LLC
- Mannkind Corporation
- Novo Nordisk A / S
- Sanofi SA
- Wockhadt Ltd.
Laura Wood, Senior Press Officer
For EST office hours, dial 1-917-300-0470
For USA / CAN call toll free 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours, call + 353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: PHARMACEUTICAL HEALTH
SOURCE: Research and markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 05/31/2021 6:58 a.m. / DISC: 05/31/2021 6:58 a.m.
Copyright Business Wire 2021.